- Title of the Project: Tree Plantation At Mechi Ganga Bishramalaya
- Date: 8th July, 2016
- Time: 8:00 A.M onwards.
- Venue: Way to Mechi River, Kakarvitta Jhapa.
- Project Objective: Tree plantation for the purpose of enhancement of green atmosphere through preservation and conservation of trees. On the other hand generating attractive layout of Mechi Ganga Bishramalaya.
- Project avenue: Community Service
- Sub Avenue: N/A
- Beneficiaries: The beneficiaries of the program are local residents, tourists and other visitors from various adjoining places nearby.
On 8th July 2016, Rotary Club of Kakarvitta & Rotaract Club of Kakarvitta jointly organized Tree Plantation at Mechi Ganga Bishramalaya. The club had organized this program in the presence of District Governor Elect Rtn. Sanjay Giri as a Chief Guest. Mr. Giri has appreciated the deeds of the club since we have simultaneously planted 100 Paulownia trees on the due program.
IMPORTANCE OF TREE
Since the beginning, trees have furnished us with two of life’s essentials, food and oxygen. As we evolved, they provided additional necessities such as shelter, medicine, and tools. Today, their value continues to increase and more benefits of trees are being discovered as their role expands to satisfy the needs created by our modern lifestyles.
Community & Social Value
Trees are an important part of every community. Our streets, parks, playgrounds and backyards are lined with trees that create a peaceful, aesthetically pleasing environment. Trees increase our quality of life by bringing natural elements and wildlife habitats into urban settings. We gather under the cool shade they provide during outdoor activities with family and friends. Many neighborhoods are also the home of very old trees that serve as historic landmarks and a great source of town pride.
Using trees in cities to deflect the sunlight reduces the heat island effect caused by pavement and commercial buildings.